From wine to chocolate to gravy, the options for stains in your carpet are limitless-but that you don't have to take it prone.
A spill doesn't need to cause a permanent mark if you follow these general ideas from the experts at Stainmaster rug.
Start by using a good cleaning solution that's made to focus on your specific mark. There are many handmade options that work well. They include: sudsy foam, soap solutions and vinegar solutions. The recipes for making a listing of spots and these options that each is best suited for are available in the Stain Removal Guide, which may be located on the Stainmaster rug Web site at www.stainmaster.com. Once you have determined the very best solution to use, begin the detail by detail means of elimination.
Standard cleaning steps:
1. Scoop up and blot as much of the spill that you can.
2. Machine any dry particles.
3. Make cleansing options, you start with the very first one listed.
4. Pretest the cleaning solution on a hidden area of carpet to make sure it doesn't discolor or damage the carpet.
5. Use the washing treatment for the spot area. Work from the surface of the spot toward the guts.
6. Enable the washing means to fix remain on the discharge for at the very least 5 minutes.
7. Mark with a white cloth until no further mark transfers to the cloth. Rubbing the stain area may damage the carpet fibers.
8. Wash with cold water. Make sure all washing solution is taken from the carpet.
9. If you can still see the stain, repeat the process until either the stain is removed or the stain no more transfers to the fabric.
10. Decide to try the next option on the record, if the stain remains and follow the same project above. If the stain persists after trying each solution, contact an expert solution.
11. Place layers of white paper towel on the webpage to absorb water, when the stain is removed. Weigh down the towels with a glass or ceramic target. You are able to let them sit overnight.
12. Vacuum to revive texture, when the rug is dry.
13. Have your carpet appropriately washed every 24 months, as needed by the Stainmaster carpet limited warranty. raleigh maids